[HTML9] Top Menu

 

Search

New Lucid Puppy Linux 5.2.5 released

Puppy Linux is a special build of Linux(free operating system)  meant to make computing easy and fast. It has lots of good features out of one is it can be use as recovery CD for PCs as its ISO files can boot directly from CD itself.
More read here >>

Desktop of Lucid Puppy 5.2.5

New in Lucid Puppy 5.2.5 (released April 2, 2011):
•    Bash 4.1.0, Syslinux 4.03, e2fsprogs 1.41.14, JWM 500, Gnumeric 1.10.13;
•    updated PBurn and Gnome-MPlayer 1.02;
•    Download Lucid Puppy 5.2.5 in ISO format (128 MB).

Lucid Puppy 5.2 (released January 5, 2011):
•    is still compatible with Ubuntu packages;
•    has QuickSet for point-and-click desktop configuration;
•    has QuickPet for updates, diagnostics, and package installs;
•    has alternative window managers (XFCE, Fluxbox) through the package manager;
•    includes language packs for 11 different languages;


4 comments :

Brayenu said...

I tested it on my old pc working very good. It work as a true data recovery tool. Thanks dear for knowledge..

Jorten said...

I was to format my window partition for reloading and i am worried about my data. Puppy helped me to move data to other partition. Great that i can read window file system also.

Unknown said...

I have an old laptop with Intel Core 1.66Ghz and 512MB RAM with Windows 7 installed in int. I downloaded Puppy linux 5.2.5 and currently configured to boot from CD.
My Hard drive has 3 partitions, how to safely use a partition to configure multiboot Windows / Puppy Linux?

GentleMan said...

Mihi Puppy is good option for old slow computers. For installation please refer to topic "Puppy Linux : Small Full-fledged OS" of this site.

Post a Comment

Your remarks here!